In the next week or two, the supply of SUB tokens will be increased from 100,000,000 (100M) to 1,000,000,000 (1B). All token holders will see their balance increase 10x. Tokenomics and the token distribution allocations will remain unchanged.
- The current supply of SUB is 100 million.
- The new supply of SUB will be 1 billion.
- SUB balances and allocations will increase by a factor of ten, such that 1 SUB will become 10 SUB.
- As an example, if an account has 1,000,000 SUB, which is 1% of the (current) total supply, then after the re-denomination, the account will have 10,000,000 SUB, which will still be 1% of the total supply.
- The distribution of SUB will not change, and holders of SUB will still own the same share of the network as they did before the redenomination.
- We aren't changing the size of the pie, just how small the smallest slice can be.
- The precision of SUB will change from 11 decimal places to 10 decimal places.
- The main benefit of this change is to avoid using small decimals when dealing with SUB and to achieve an easier calculation system.
Subsocial is a social networking platform built to support the social networks of the future. These apps will feature built-in monetization methods and censorship resistance, where users will own their content and social graphs. Built with Substrate pallets, Subsocial is a one-of-a-kind in the Dotsama ecosystem, and designed specifically for social interactions. These interactions do not have to be specifically social networking, as Subsocial can support apps like YouTube, Shopify, or even Airbnb.
To learn more about Subsocial and the future of social networking, check out our links: