🔴 ⭕️ Relay Chain
total supply - ~1.28b DOT | staking - 47.6% | parachains & crowdloans - 10%
🔴 🏛 Governance
- Referendum 101, approving a Wasm smart contracts bounty, is passing with 99.1% in favor and less than 10 days left to vote.
- Referendum 103, a public proposal to unbrick the Zeitgeist parachain, is failing with 71% in favor. Note that the Zeitgeist team has asked people to vote against this Referendum and support Referendum 104 instead: aiming to enact the same call in a faster way
- Referendum 105, proposing to update system parachains to runtime v9370, is passing almost unanimously with less than 12 days left to vote.
Note that Referenda 104 and 105 were fast-tracked by the Technical Committee. If passed, they will execute shortly afterwards.
- Motion 345, approving a Treasury Proposal to cover costs of Polkadot-related participation at Token2049 in Singapore, has passed Council vote.
- Motion 348, adding a new batch of HRMP channels (for HydraDX, Kapex, Ajuna, Pendulum, and Litentry) has passed Council vote and will soon become a Referendum for vote by all DOT holders.
- Motion 349, to continue funding the development, operations, and expansion of Polkawatch for a period of 9 months is under consideration. Part of the expansion efforts include bringing decentralisation analytics for staking pools to Polkadot (already rolled out on Kusama), multi-wallet integration, and assisting ecosystem teams with the integration of decentralisation analytics. Please note that the analytic tool is designed to measure the effective decentralisation of the Polkadot validation process.
- Motion 350, proposing to approve a Treasury Proposal for 1TRIBE Radio, is under consideration by the Polkadot Council.
- Motion 351, to create tools for Substrate developers, is under consideration. After their first proposal that created 13 Swift & Kotlin repos, this one seeks to make the Kotlin libraries fully in Kotlin, create an SDK interface to popular block explorers, combine interface in Swift libraries, develop a client manager, and other tools.
Kusama Updates ₑₓₚₑcₜ cₕₐₒₛ
🦅 ⭕️ Relay Chain
total supply - ~13.26m KSM | staking - 47.3% | parachains & crowdloans - 2%
- Turing Network won the most recent parachain lease auction.
🦅 🏛 Governance
- Referendum 100, proposing curators for the Spanish language content bounty, is currently up for vote.
- Referendum 101, proposing the Kusama parachain lease auction schedule for the rest of 2023, is up for vote.
- Referendum 95, to perform a lease swap between 2000 (Karura) and 2233, as well as 2110 (Mangata) and 2256, was approved.
- Referendum 96, to set the next parachain auction schedule on Kusama, was approved.
- Referendum 97, proposing to clean up the Tips queue in several ways, is currently up for vote.
- Referendum 98 (which will require whitelisting by the Fellowship), to upgrade Kusama system parachains to runtime v9370, was approved.
- Referendum 99, to use Treasury funds for customized Kusama chocolate bars, is now up for vote.
- Referendum 264, to replace the current runtime code with the text “test how to proposal”, is failing with 1% in favor.
Please note that this proposal was submitred under Gov1 model. The Kusama community requests proposers to submit their proposals using Polkadot OpenGov model now - more information can be found here.
⛓ Connected Parachains, dApps, and others
projects connected to the DOT and KSM relay chains
- Ajuna has raised $5 million in a new private funding round.
- Astar announced a partnership with AirLyft, a platform for engaging Web3 communities with decentralized rewards.
- Astar announced a Web3 Incubation Program with Sony.
- Crust published Why Crust is an Ideal Solution for Decentralized Storage in Web3.
- DAM Finance announced that it's officially live on the Moonbeam.
- Equilibrium announced an integration with Crust, enabling developers to pay Crust storage fees with EQD stablecoin.
- Interlay published a new whitepaper that proposes an expansion to a Bitcoin DeFi Hub.
- Moonbeam announced that, with 25M+ transactions and an average of 14,608 daily active accounts last month, it has hit 2M total addresses on the network.
- Moonbeam announced that the first implementation of OpenGov is live on Moonriver.
- OriginTrail announced that its community can now use its parachain explorer developed in partnership with Subscan.
- Phala launched the Phala Builders Program, providing funding, technical guidance, and marketing support to innovative projects seeking to build on Phala’s decentralized, trustless compute cloud using Phat Contract.
- Subsocial announced an integration with Polkassembly, a unified platform for the Polkadot ecosystem governance discussions.
- Pendulum published a new launch roadmap.
- Zeitgeist announced that its parachain will migrate from Kusama to Polkadot.
🌎 Community & Ecosystem
- Radha, Lead Technical Educator at W3F, gave a talk at Messari Mainnet on the new OpenGov system coming to Polkadot (and already live on Kusama).
- Polkadot Blog published Polkadot Staking Review: Impressive Stats, What’s New & What’s Coming.
- After 5 weeks of lectures and workshops designed to help speed up Web3 adoption, the second wave of the Polkadot Blockchain Academy has come to an end.
- The next Polkadot Community Call will take place on February 22nd at 4pm CET. Set a reminder here.
- Watch the DeFi in Polkadot Panel at the Polkadot Summit.
- Brushfam published an article on using Typechain-Polkadot, a comprehensive toolkit for ink! smart contract development.
- SubWallet announced the next version of the wallet, featuring support of RMRK ’s new NFT endpoint, improved connection to Astar EVM, and more.
- Polkadot-JS API v9.14.1 was released.
🌠 NFT Review
A weekly newsletter keeping up with the evolution of NFTs in the Dotsama ecosystem.
- Singular published a January recap, a new set of verified NFT collections, and a report on its visit to Brigada.
- Efinity (NFT-focused parachain on Polkadot) published a new development update.
- Bit.Country (metaverse parachain) announced upcoming features its community should expect, which include a new game.
👷♂️ Jobs in Web 3.0
Want your ad here? Buy it on Singular.
- Web3 Foundation is looking for a Technical Educator, Spec Engineer, and Technical Grants Evaluator. Apply here.
That's it for this week - I hope this was as useful for you to read as it was for us to write!